Serving Java JSP pages

Hello,

I am running Solaris 9 on an HP Proliant DL140 box. I currently have Apache 1.3 running with mod_php4 installed. I would like to add a feature that uses Java Server Pages. It appears from looking at the conf files this system comes with Apache Tomcat capabilities. Does anyone know how to activate the Tomcat so as to parse the .jsp pages?

Thanks in advance.

TS

If tomcat is installed then you will find is available as a service (in /etc/init.d I think...) you can start it or stop it from there e.g. /etc/init.d/tomcat start

You then need to locate the webapps directory for tomcat - this could be in a number of places depeneding on how tomct was installed. Inside there, you can put you web applications. Theses have a very strict directroy structure. If you're familiar with that then great - otherwise you can put your JSPs in the ROOT webapp folder.

If you're not familiar with the directory structure - post back and I'll post it here when I get a chance.

bash-3.00# uname -mivpr

5.11 snv_28 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60

bash-3.00# pwd

/usr/apache/tomcat/bin

On Solaris 11ish ;)

tomcat is in /usr/apache

Not sure about 9, but I think in 8 it used to be in /usr/local some were. You could run a find through /usr

find /usr -name tomcat
/usr/apache/tomcat