kmail in systray

angst

Hi all,

Fairly new install of Mandriva 2006 free DVD with updates applied. I use kmail and have it run in the background and put an icon in the system tray when I close it. When I left click on the kmail icon in the system tray the icon just disappears and I have to restart kmail from the menu. For the fun of it I ran kmail from the konsole and it works properly then.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
I use kmail and have it run in the background and put an icon in the system tray when I close it. When I left click on the kmail icon in the system tray the icon just disappears and I have to restart kmail from the menu. For the fun of it I ran kmail from the konsole and it works properly then.

Yes, annoying that isn't it. Here's how I got it to work for me.

Change the command on the application tab of the icon properties from "kontact --module kmail" to "kontact"

If you want to start in mail, then "configure kontact" allows you to choose the default module.

Hope that helps...

Sorry, preah. Didn't notice your reply.

Yes, annoying that isn't it. Here's how I got it to work for me.

Change the command on the application tab of the icon properties from "kontact --module kmail" to "kontact"

If you want to start in mail, then "configure kontact" allows you to choose the default module.

I'm a little confused with regard to the location of the icon properties. Are you refering to the kmenu editor or some other place.

I have noticed that if I run kontact instead of kmail from the app menu that left clicking in the systray works properly. If I try to edit the command for kmail in the menu editor to say 'kontact' instead of what it currently says, 'kontact-kmail.sh' and restarting X, it still won't work correctly. The next time I looked in the menu editor I had two entries for kmail but I don't recall seeing two kmail icons in the app menu.

Thank you.