Gimp 2.2 in 2006 has problems

cage47

I've used Gimp to edit my photos for posting them on my website. Well today was the first time since I installed 2006 that I've had to edit new photos for the site. So I popped out my cf card from the camera and plugged it into the lexar card reader. No probs. Still love how 2006 handles usb devices now. Well I tried my usual routine. i tried to open the pic directly from the cf card into Gimp. Well Gimp would load but it wouldn't open the pic. I tried a few different times. I even removed and reinstalled Gimp. No go. So I copied that file and the others (this year's family holiday photos) to my pics directory. Again I tried to open that file. No go. Now I tried to open a couple of the other pics and it opened them and I was able to edit them. No prob. But nothing I did would open that pic. I even tried starting Gimp and then opening the file (I was right clicking on the photo in Konqueror and trying to open it that way first) So I took that pic and put it on the cf card again. Fired up the laptop, that still has 10.0 loaded on it. Opened up Gimp 1.2 and sure enough it opened that file. I made my changes and it saved the pic back. So I go back into 2006 open Gimp and sure enough I was able to open the pic now. I won't even guess as to what the problem is but I almost want to get 1.2 reinstalled into 2006 now since 2.2 has this problem. If the jpg has any problems it won't open though in 1.2 it will. Oh, before trying to open it in gimp I previewed all the photos in Kwickview first with no problems so the original would read.