Bad Signatures on Wine Install

rogerh

Hello,

Newbie trying to install Wine using the Control Center SW Manager. libwine1 and wine-utils give a 'bad signature' message on 6 files. One example is "libxfree86-4.3-32.4mdk.i586.rpm". I went back and deinstalled wine using the SW Manager, but still encountered the same problem afterwards. Background is that I did a download all of the Wine fines about a half year ago and did what must have been a partial install, probably ran into a problem and got distracted elsewhere. I am guessing that these are downlevel file versions that need to be deleted and reloaded?? Do I just go in and manuall delete these files or is that going to cause even more problems??

Hopefully a simple problem that someone can provide a suggested resolution for.......... I would really like to get Wine up and running!!

[moved from Installing Mandriva by spinynorman]

What version of Mandriva are you using? Is it 2006? I've found loads of rpms with 2006 on mirrors to have this signature problem.

I've just installed them, and my wine is working fine.

Never seen it with 10.0. Are you using Official or Community? Community was known to have bugs, the Official version was with all the bugs ironed out.

You might be worthwhile removing your urpmi sources, and adding them again using another mirror perhaps.

Still no luck.....

Tried a different mirror, and one file reloaded (possibly an updated version rellative to what was on the system??). Still had a signature failure - tried to load anyway and got a failure 'x11r6-contrib is needed by wine-utils 20040213-3mdk' and 'resync failed :exited with 12 or signal 0'. Is this an issue with the media manager, and should I try and load this file independently??

Any suggestions on how to proceed?? Prior to downloading from the new source, I deleted existing Wine programs using the deinstaller, so the system should have been clean.....

Thanks -- Roger

Well, decided to independently load x11r6-contrib. Installer would not allow me to load 4.3-32.4.100 but it would allow 4.3-30. That successfully loaded, and then the Wine was able to successfully load (I hope)..... not sure this is an issue with the installer or what (dependency on x11r6 not being activated in the installer). Thanks for all of the help, and I will be back if Wine turns out not to be installed :D

Regards -- Roger

What sources do you have? You should add them all, main, contrib, jpackage, plf-free and plf-nonfree. Did you make sure that when you went to the easyurpmi page, that it was set to 10.0 and i568?

This is because if it requires a dependency, it will require it from the repository that it's stored in, hence, if you don't have them all, then you'll encounter a problem.

I'm thinking you probably already have them but are experiencing some problems. Just wanted to clarify you had all sources, and that you chose 10.0 from the list of Mandrake/Mandriva versions.

Hi,

Actually I have only the main source - I will add the others. I did set up the easy urpmi correctly, but just with main. The interesting thing was that the program I needed was available through the main source - it just seems that the installer did not automatically identify it as being required. Once selected and downloaded, the Wine programs that were faulting loaded without a hitch.

Having trouble getting Wine stated now, so maybe saying all got loaded properly is an overstatement - different thread on the Wine problem.....

Thanks -- Roger