Configuring smart package manager

riseringseeker

OK, this is probably something simple that I am overlooing (it often is with Linux), but I went to the top of the page here, and clicked on easy-urpmi. I selected smart and went through the steps just as I had with urpmi. I cut and paste the CLI commands (why does it default to *not* including the channel?), and get no errors.

The commands I that easy-urpmi/smart gave me and I cut and paster pasted were:

smart channel --add main type=urpmi baseurl=ftp://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrakelinux/official/2006.0/i586/media/main hdlurl=media_info/hdlist.cz

smart channel --add contrib type=urpmi baseurl=ftp://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrakelinux/official/2006.0/i586/media/contrib hdlurl=media_info/hdlist.cz

smart channel --add jpackage type=urpmi baseurl=ftp://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrakelinux/official/2006.0/i586/media/jpackage hdlurl=media_info/hdlist.cz

smart channel --add plf-free type=urpmi baseurl=ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/plf/mandrake/free/2006.0 hdlurl=hdlist.cz

smart channel --add plf-nonfree type=urpmi baseurl=ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/plf/mandrake/non-free/2006.0 hdlurl=hdlist.cz

smart channel --add updates type=urpmi baseurl=ftp://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrakelinux/official/updates/2006.0/main_updates/ hdlurl=media_info/hdlist.cz

When I type smart -shell, it says this:

# smart --shell

Smart Package Manager 0.30.2 - Shell Mode

Loading cache...

error: Invalid URL: MD5SUM

error: Invalid URL: MD5SUM

error: Invalid URL: media_info/MD5SUM

Updating cache... ######################################## [100%]

smart>

I get similar errors if I try to use the gui. I looked at the smart home page, and it says there is no documentation - but are working on it.

So, what am I doing wrnog here?

:help:

That's the same error that I always get when trying to set a channel using the easy urpmi.

But if you point it to cooker, I think it will work fine

If you also get the same error using the easy-urpmi/smart, then it must be set up wrong here on the web site. I tried in the GUI to set up the same sites, and I *think* I got one set up right, but the others returned errors saying something about it was too much data to set up. Then of course there are the mirrors one can set up, which I haven't played with much.

I sit 40 hours in Seoul starting later today (or tomorrow, depending on your point of view), and will play with it some more and post the results I get.

I don't really want cooker sources, as my goal is to have an up to date, but stable system, so I unchecked the boxes (I deleted them, but they were back when I opened it again - gotta look at the config file when I get to Seoul). I will use the cooker sites that are set up as a template to see if I can get the other working.

Edited by riseringseeker