Adding On!

Guest volc

In my installation i said i only had the first cd. but i have all three, and i need a C compiler for xchat to work, so how can i add on stuff from my other 2 cds to MDK?

Thanks in advance!

Did yo not load any development programs when you first configured? In my view, it would be worth your trouble to do an upgrade adding the development software. Downloading will take hours whereas updating should be less than 1/2 hour at the outside. Just make sure that things you don't want or have been upgraded already are not checked. Mandrakesoft likes to add things they think you need. Use expert mode package selection and look at every category to make sure only what you want gets installed. All dependencies are met this way as well.

Counterspy

If your running KDE or other graphical desktop, look for /Configuration/Packaging/Software Sources Manager. Fire that up and you should be able to click on the add button to add your other two CDs which will add the packages contained on them to your database of available rpms for installation.