AudioCD for Amarok

mikecanada

Beginning I installed Mandriva 2005 LE and I playing AMAROK no problem,because I looked in my desktop I can see CD ICON,but after I use Mandriva 2005LE updates I can`t see CD ICON on my desktop where did it go.Before I updates my Mandriva 2005LE it was there but after it is gone.

I went Menu---->Multimedia------->sound----->AMAROK.

From Amarok---->AUCTION------->Play AUDIO CD it won`t play hmmmm?

When I fresh installed the Mandriva 2005 LE with out updates work's very well I could see CD Recording Icon on my desktop,I could playing AMAROK,Noatun,KMid.... and after I update my Mandriva 2005 LE all those AMAROK,Noatun,KMid....why I can`t play anymore and I can`t see CD Recording Icon on my desktop anymore :scratch:

Please someone can help me out.

Tnx Schneemann

Amarok will playback audioCD's only if using the dreaded Arts engine, while the gstreamer and xine engines don't understand KDE's VFS. A workaround is on the cards, but (AFAIK) not implemented yet.

If you cannot playback even with the (f)arts engine, close Amarok, open "kscd", stop playback and then through the settings enable digital playback. Now close kscd, relaunch Amarok and (hopefully) it will work.

A hint though: Simply use the Amarok xine engine, and use either kscd or kaffeine for audioCD playback. Arts is a pain...

Edited by scarecrow

Amarok will playback audioCD's only if using the dreaded Arts engine, while the gstreamer and xine engines don't understand KDE's VFS. A workaround is on the cards, but (AFAIK) not implemented yet.

If you cannot playback even with the (f)arts engine, close Amarok, open "kscd", stop playback and then through the settings enable digital playback. Now close kscd, relaunch Amarok and (hopefully) it will work.

A hint though: Simply use the Amarok xine engine, and use either kscd or kaffeine for audioCD playback. Arts is a pain...

Usual you but a cd in to the drive what you see on your window?

Look in the kde control center, sound, audio cds.. what path is given for the cd player. If it points to the wrong device change it.

I looked at MCC and it tells me

Mount point: /mnt/cdrom

Device: hdc

Type: iso 9660

Options: user,iocharset iso 8859-1,noauto,ro,exec

Edited by mikecanada