xorg-x11-6.9.0+openchrome+mesa-6.5.0+dkms-drm

thac

New version of xorg-x11-6.9.0 -34

This version fixes that matrox mga hal driver, that was broken in previous versions

Yes it does allow the DVI output to be used. But the DRI module will not load when the "matorxhal" is used as a version mismatch occurs. The error message is:

(EE) MGA(0): [dri] MGADRIScreenInit failed because of a version mismatch.[dri] libDRI version = 5.0.0 but version 4.0.x is needed

I don't know if this can be fixed, as the version of libDRI that the "matroxhal" is tied to may be fixed.

Regards,

Chris.

Edited by Krisbee

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've xorg-x11-6.9.1.cvs the original from 2006 powerpack youre's xorg-x11-6.9.0-35 that a lower version. How can i install it so i can use my openchrome driver instead of the vesa driver.

Is xorg-x11-6.9.0-35.mdk2006.0.mde.i586.rpm the right one, if not which one must i have.

I've xorg-x11-6.9.1.cvs the original from 2006 powerpack youre's xorg-x11-6.9.0-35 that a lower version. How can i install it so i can use my openchrome driver instead of the vesa driver.

Is xorg-x11-6.9.0-35.mdk2006.0.mde.i586.rpm the right one, if not which one must i have.

The original from 2006 is xorg-x11-6.9-1.cvs the latest 2006 update is xorg-x11-6.9.0-5 and mde version is xorg-x11-6.9.0-35

so there is no problem updating sine both the original and the latest official 2006 update is the lower version.

Torbjörn Turpeinen (Thac)

?

This is with my latest xorg + latest plf ati driver

abd about building dkms drivers that does not take place in the real kernel tree but in a copy of it.

one build tree for each driver

Which kernel version are you using? I'm running 2.6.12-15mdk. I can't get the 8.22 drivers, just released yesterday, to work either... though 8.19 still works fine.

I did some web searches, and found errors very similar to those found in my fglrx-install file. The errors were related to the 2.6.15 kernel, but I assume Mandriva could have backported the offending incompatibilities.

-J

I've installed "xorg-x11-6.9.0-36.mdk2006.0.mde.i586.rpm" but when i choose in XFdrake the Unichrome driver my comp restart.

Is there more to install, i saw a dkms-drm is that also needed .

I've kernel 2.6.12-12mdk

When Mandriva is starting up isee:

Starting DKMS

drm(2.0-36.mdk2006.0.mde) Installing module

kernelsource for 2.6.12-12 not installed

cannot install this module

Does this mean i've to install the kernelsource.

Oke, it's working now but do i need the 2.6.14-0.mm.7mdk kernel or is there a 2.6.14-0.7mdk kernel.

I ask this because if Marnix want's to play tuxkart or trigger the system hangs and i saw that the 2.6.14-0.mm.7mdk is experimentel.

Edited by willie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...