Can't access Web Server from Internet ???

Relic2K

I don't really know what the f**$ I did, but now I am up and running VIA NIC only vice Linksys Router. I did exactly what I did last night, and suddenly it worked LOL. Now my IP Address is back to x.x.x.50 again vice x.x.x.102. Must have been the Canadian Beer :) It was very good too, especially after having watered down stuff since last summer. Now I am going to insert the other NIC for the LAN, I am both holding my breath and peeing my pants.

Now I am going to insert the other NIC for the LAN, I am both holding my breath and peeing my pants.

As long as that's all you're holding. :-) And the last is really more then I needed to know. lol I figure it must be the real beer you're having.

Funny person :lol:

Okay NIC is in but for some reason the Internet Connection sharing will not work. Does anyone know what the settings should be for the Windows LAN Box and for my LAN Card, for the Sharing to work ?

Nevermind, thanks all, everything is running now, I just checked one of the other posts. Now I just got to fix all the changes that were made to the Network and my own box. The biggy now is Apache again.

I have downloaded all the 1.3.27 packages for Apache. Except the apache-common. I either can't find it or I am unable to download it via rpmseek.com. I was going to upgrade my Apache server to the new one, to see if this fixes the problems I am having. It would be the fix package that didn't install properly.

I got all the 1.3.27 packages downloaded and installed. Everything is at the default settings. I can still access the web server via localhost, the LAN IP Address, and the hostname (mandrake101.no-ip.org), but I can not access it via the Internet Address assigned to me by my ISP. I am no longer using the LinkSys Router, only 2 NICs now. The Firewalls are turned off, except Shorewall, but I have allowed access to port 80. This is really starting to upset me now. I don't know where the problem lies, could it be something in the Network settings ? Hostname ? I have tried everything in the httpd.conf file, but nothing works.

I got all the 1.3.27 packages downloaded and installed. Everything is at the default settings. I can still access the web server via localhost, the LAN IP Address, and the hostname (mandrake101.no-ip.org), but I can not access it via the Internet Address assigned to me by my ISP. I am no longer using the LinkSys Router, only 2 NICs now. The Firewalls are turned off, except Shorewall, but I have allowed access to port 80. This is really starting to upset me now. I don't know where the problem lies, could it be something in the Network settings ? Hostname ? I have tried everything in the httpd.conf file, but nothing works.

My first thought is DNS settings but why are you so concerned about this? You can access by localhost, the lan IP and the no-ip name. Why is it so important to access by the IP given to you by your ISP?

Because I or no one can access the site via the internet. The hostname of my box is mandrake101.no-ip.org, which is why I can access it. My site still can't be accessed via the Internet.

Ya, that could definatly be a problem.

Check your firewall logs, I"m trying to access your site now. Perhaps there'll be something in them that will give us a clue as to why its not accessable.

It says loading and transfering data but it hangs on that.

I think I see at least part of the problem. mandrake101.no-ip.org shows an IP of 63.210.163.XXX when I ping it yet when I try to access the page it gives me a 64.10.164.XXX address.

Yeah I noticed that as well, it resolves to thier Website, and goes no futher for some reason. Almost like it can't be resolved to the IP Address I gave them for my box. That is why I have been using my assigned IP Address for cox, to test the connection, which for some reason is not working. I have totally disabled the firewalls and router now. So the router was not the problem after all. This is the most work I have ever done to run a web server.

I had a feeling that it had something to do with the network settings I was using. Apache is running now and I can access the IP Address and use the web redirect without any problems. I changed back to my usual settings, and dumped the no-ip.org hostname, plugged myself back into the router and now everything is cewl again. Thanks for the help though, really appreciated the effort :lol: