Need help installing themes etc.

Sao

I went to www.kde-look.org and downloaded a theme but I can't figure out how to install it?

the maker explained how to install it like this:

* After downloading the .gz file, extract all files in the directory you want (home directory), then "right click" on .kth file and "install..".

* if you don't have this option after "right click" on ".kth" file: proceed this way:

# "After extracting your files - open Control Center (not MCC but the one to customize your desktop). From there go to Appearance and Themes, then Theme Manager, next click Install New Theme. From that place navigate to where you extracted the KTH file and choose that KTH file. Finally, pick the theme from the list and Apply."

My problem is I can't "install" after I extract the files to the directory of my choice... and in the "configure-desktop" control panel it doesn't have a button/option that says "Appearance and Themes" All it has is "behavior" "multiple desktops" "paths" "backrounds" "screensavers"

so I don't know what to do..

it's sad. :cry:

am I being blonde?

some one help =/

Now I feel stupid-er ... if that's possible.

I took a screenshot of my Kcontrol window... do you see a theme manager ??

maybe i just don't have it ?

I found new options though :cheesy: Likeee I can change icons n my splash start up screen n stuff.. so haha, thx.. i didn't know bout that =X

here's the ss:

post-13208-1132432852_thumb.jpg

There is NO need to unpack the theme package.

Just place the package in your home account somewhere where it will not get in the way.

Open KDE Control Panel .......System ...........Theme Manager.........click on Install New Theme and locate the place you stored the theme package. Click apply and it will appear in the list. Highlight it in the list and click apply again.

That should do it. The theme manager unpacks the themes "on the fly" which means that they are left compressed until and after they are used.

Cheers. John.

I just looked at your screenshot and I see Theme Manager is not there, that means you need to install Kdeartwork.

Jb

Edited by AussieJohn