Garbled Cracklesound

Guest BarryFandango

Guest BarryFandango

Is linux genuinely more stable? I know i've had applications crashing on me left and right - konquerer, phoenix, xmms, OO.org, just about everything at some point. XKill is probably my most used program.

On the other hand none of these crashes has been able to disrupt the OS, which is definitely a testament to its stability.

Aside: actually i'm in toronto, ontario and am a dyed-in-the-wool Canadian. I do love the idea of the southern states though (all my knowledge of the US comes from TV :) )

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why you have programs crashing alot, I seldom do, although sometimes X will lock up on me (when I was using KDE) and I have a 32 MB NVidia and 384 MG RAM. But, on the other hand, you don't get "Everything has caused an invalid page fault in kernel.dll" and have to reboot.

Aside: If you leanred everything you know about the southern US from TV, I've got a few things to straighten you out on ;-)