Installing a mail server

Jza

I want to know if there's a tutorial on installing and seting up postfix on my mandrake server. I have Kolab2 running and I tried to install the mail server from the MCC wizards. However I am a bit lost on the configuration parameters.

One thing is that I am not sure what to assign on $myhostname $mydomain and origin. Also there is authentication as HELO and EHLO.

And a masquared option.

Some of this make sense to me but not all, I wonder for example if the $myhostname is a variable that I need to keep it there and just focus on the first option. But if that's true, then why would they give me the option to change it???

:help:

This is the first time I setup an email server so please bare with me. If there is just too much information out there, then I wonder if you can help me just get to the simple tutorials.

Well more than RTFM on Postfix I want to RTFM on Drakwizard postfix

one issue for example is that I can't seem to find this:

virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual

Edited by Jza

As a person who regularly install and configure postfix on Mandrake based machine (since Mandrake 9.2), trust me, you don't want to use the drakwizard to setup your postfix. It's just not that great.

To configure postfix (as well as any other server based apps), install webmin, then use it. It really helps you into the nitty gritty of server configuration without confusing you, much :)