nVidia SATA Driver problem [solved]

Guest RuneWalsh3

Guest RuneWalsh3

Hi, I am trying to install Mandriva alongside XP-64. I downloaded and burned the i386 DVD iso, because I really have no use for the 64 bit version. I boot up with the DVD in the drive, and follow the directions. After I accept the EULA, it begins to load some modules (maybe??). After a couple are loaded, I get this message, "Installing driver for hard drive controller nVidia corp.|CK804 Serial ATA Controller" and it gets stuck. It's not frozen, it just wont continue loading. Any suggestions?

Here are my system specs if needed:

http://www.freewebs.com/krpy/System%20Report.txt

Mandriva 2006 does not support NVidia SATA. I have a NForce 4 mobo with SATA controller on it. When I install both 2006 RC2 and 2006.0, I have the same situation as you have. I turn to one of the concole by alt+f2 I think. I see the message "disabling IRQ 10" and the whole setup is hung. I have to disable the SATA controller to get pass that error. I don't have this error with Ubuntu 5.04 and 5.10 and SUSE 10.0. I don't know why. I started a thread regarding this issue earlier.

J.T.