cooker under official 2006

fahd

Please tell me how can I use the actual cooker under the official linux 2006. I installed the official mandrivalinux 2006 powerpack, after that i tried to test cooker including kdebase 3.4.92-4 and other packs, everything went fairly except kdebase-3.4.92-4... I often get the error message: COULD NOT START KSTARTUPCONFIG at kde login. Thank You in advance.

Fahd

• 2 weeks later...

How can I install kdebase 3.5 (cooker) over an official installed mandy 2006 power pack. I installed the official mandrivalinux 2006 powerpack, after that i tried to test cooker including kdebase 3.5 and other packs, everything went fairly except kdebase-3.5. I often get the error message: COULD NOT START KSTARTUPCONFIG at kde login. Thank You in advance.

Fahd

It's not wise keeping both stable and cooker at your uprmi sources- remove one of the kind.

And BTW if you add the Thac repo instead of cooker, you can get KDE 3.5.0 (not officially out yet, but frozen, so most packagers already build it) which according to various reports works fairly decently (not perfectly, but only with a few glitches).

I run KDE 3.5.0 final since 5 days ago at my Arch Linux, and it works very well ( errr... sort of, artsd is totally borked/unfunctional, but everybody will be happy the day this pain in the b*tt goes to the wastebin, where it really belongs).

Edited by scarecrow

I too have found arts to be bu****ed and like you I will be glad to see it go and be replaced with something much more reliable. At the moment it can play wav sounds for audio notifications OK but it plays ogg sound notifications in a badly distorted and irregular manner.

I did some updates yesterday and have now lost my xmms which will now NOT load except from konsole and of course when you close konsole it also closes xmms. Oh, the joys of cooker.

I have cookers latest KDE3.5 but have noticed a huge difference in it and Thacs kde3.5.

In Thacs set, I find that in the desktop icon Devices that it properly shows cdrom, cdrom2, floppy and the fat32 partition (I title it as Exchange).

In cookers version of Devices it only shows Samba Shares despite my not having installed anything related to Samba. "What tha' ** "

Cheers. John.