What would you ask the CEO of Mandriva?

aRTee

Not sure if you got the latest mdv newsletter, but my site is mentioned as 'one of our longtime fansites' or something like that. I was thinking of sending some questions to mdv management / Francois Bancilhon about the direction of Mdv.

Now, I already have some things in my head, but they're related to the contents of my article (the second part that's not done) and you'll get no spoilers from me :D

Naturally, anything impolite or so won't fly.

So, what would you ask?

i would ask "why hasn't mandrake/mandriva been present at linuxworld usa?" no sign of mandriva @ the last linux world in boston feb 05 and there was no sign of mandriva at last years event in NY jan 04 . also " are you planning on attending the next linux world event in boston 2006?". you might also ask if it's true that there is no word that translates to " marketing " in french

What is their latest plan for marketing Mandriva? How are they measuring the success of their current plan?

I gotta agree with that one, oh and here's mine:

Are you aware of the concern (especially within the club) with regards to communication, and if so how do you plan to facilitate better communication with the club and wider mandriva community, that is, if you intend on addressing the issue?

Gael Duval was recently interviewed in Linuxformat.uk i dont have that interview but found this FAQ.

http://www.indidea.org/gael/en/gael-answers.php

The interview was commented before, I think one of the guys had a copy???? (once upon a time I did buy it, but that didn't last long!!!)

As for the FAQ, it's a pitiful response to Mark Shuttleworths (ubuntu) FAQ. I'm sorry, but this was one band wagon Gael should have left alone, as it just looks like he's trying to keep up with the Mikesies!

Edited by Reiver_Fluffi