2006 & ndiswrapper

Magikx21

I recently made the switch from 2005LE to 2006. Everything seems to be working fine except my wireless card. I'm using ndiswrapper with a Belkin wireless card and I can't keep a connection over a long time. With 2005LE this problem never occured but now when I am away from the computer every now and then the card will stop working. I will notice the power light on but the traffic light is off. If I take the card out and put it back in it will start working again but I would like to fix the problem the right way instead. Can anyone offer some infomation on what to do?

I would make sure that the correct driver is being used. It could also be a belkin issue. I experience this sort of thing with Belkin wireless on some windows computers at church. I have to restart the connection. You could do the same in linux, that is, restart rather than pull and push. Either way, I am suspicious of the card.

I remember a post where somebody upgraded, and their ndiswrapper wireless failed. The solution was to install the newer version of ndiswrapper so that it was built on the upgraded OS, and not the previous one.

It could be your problem is occurring because ndiswrapper was installed on LE2005, and hasn't been reinstalled again since the upgrade to 2006.