KDE 3.5 and the cooker

guppetto

Some may have noticed and some may not, but the cooker now has kde 3.5 or perhaps it's a backport, because the packages are labeled 3.4.92. Everything works fairly well, but I do have one problem. Now 3.5 is a beta, so I didn't really expect everything to work, but this is kind of an important piece of the kde desktop.

I can't configure the Kicker panel. When I select configure panel the configuration window pops up, but it is completely empty with no widgets at all. The problem is also in the kcontrol module.

Anyone have any suggestions? I could create a new kde directory and discover if that fixes the problem, but I've got a highly customized desktop and i'd rather not go that route. Perhaps some symbolic links are missing from the packages or maybe it's just broken. Does anyone have any ideas, or, if your running the cooker, have you experienced the same problem?

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

I could try thacs rpms (they've always been great for those scared of the cooker), but I'd prefer to keep my packages in sinc with the cooker, which gets updated nightly and the engineer in me is always looking for a linux problem to fix.

There used to be a linux command that I could run, that would relink all of the modules in the Kcontrol panel, but I can't remember it anymore. Does anyone have any idea of what that command might be? I've fixed so many problems that all the solutions are running together these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Please tell me how could you install kdebase 3.5 (cooker). I installed the official mandrivalinux 2006 powerpack, after that i tried to test cooker including kdebase 3.4.92-4 and other packs, everything went fairly except kdebase-3.4.92-4... I often get the error message: COULD NOT START KSTARTUPCONFIG at kde login. Thank You in advance.

Fahd