Thac and Zé's KDE 3.5 beta rpms, bugs and problems

devries

Hi,

Im trying to install mythtv-suite on my Mandriva 2005LE but i get an error like: not satisfactionary packets becouse of myth-themes, something like this.

I have updated my urpmi I have plf rpms and other sources from easy urpmi and Thac rpm for Mandriva 2005.

Would appriciate any help as I have been trying to get my HTPC working for over a month.

i dont see any package named mythtv-suite

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have just uploaded new kdebase and kdenetwork, but remember that this new kde rpms are based in a new qt3 release that we made.

I also note that qt3, akode and kvirc were moved from http://www.mde.djura.org/2006.0/RPMS/kde-3.5.0/ to http://www.mde.djura.org/2006.0/RPMS

So now in folder kde-3.5.0 only exists kde packages.

Im doing the rest of packages and will be uploaded as soon i get them all done.

I need some help creating this local repository I want to build for KDE 3.5 installation. The statement quote bellow shows the message I get when I try to run this command;

urpmi.addmedia local file://home/user_name/rpms

[root@HOME-DESKTOP javi]# urpmi.addmedia KDE_3.5_Depot file://home/javi/KDE 3.5 Depot

added medium KDE_3.5_Depot

wrote config file [/etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg]

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf-free.cz]

unable to access medium "KDE_3.5_Depot",

this could happen if you mounted manually the directory when creating the medium.

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf-nonfree.cz]

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.updates.cz]

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.main.cz]

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.contrib.cz]

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.jpackage.cz]

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.SoS-KDE.cz]

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.mde.rpms.cz]

found 0 headers in cache

removing 0 obsolete headers in cache

unable to update medium "KDE_3.5_Depot"

[root@HOME-DESKTOP javi]#

Please can you guys help me understand How to do this correctly?

PD.

Idid some changes and now I get this error, any idea what the problem is?

[root@HOME-DESKTOP javi]# urpmi.addmedia KDE_3.5_Depot file://home/javi/KDE_3.5_Depot

added medium KDE_3.5_Depot

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf-free.cz]

reading rpm files from [/home/javi/KDE_3.5_Depot]

/bin/cp: cannot stat `/home/javi/KDE_3.5_Depot/pubkey': No such file or directory

...copying failed

writing list file for medium "KDE_3.5_Depot"

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf-nonfree.cz]

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.updates.cz]

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.main.cz]

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.contrib.cz]

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.jpackage.cz]

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.SoS-KDE.cz]

building hdlist [/var/lib/urpmi/hdlist.KDE_3.5_Depot.cz]

built hdlist synthesis file for medium "KDE_3.5_Depot"

found 331 headers in cache

removing 0 obsolete headers in cache

[root@HOME-DESKTOP javi]#

Jose

Edited by jmr0311

I need some help creating this local repository I want to build for KDE 3.5 installation. The statement quote bellow shows the message I get when I try to run this command;

Please run drakrpm-edit-media and see if that local media isnt created, its there :)

That error in the past didnt appeared when creating local repos, but for some unknown reason (one more...) mandriva developers thought this was a good idea (?!).

This error only appears when creating local repos because you didnt add an hdlist but in fact also isnt needed a hdlist for a local repo, you can still create it, but isnt necessary.

From now on kde will be done following MDE packages, what i mean if that kde will require our MDE stuff like for example xorg and qt3.

This is to avoid that some users get in problems for having mixed their system with mandriva and mde rpms, i have seen complains about some error that are caused by mixed mandriva/mde rpms and releases.

Already uploading new arts and kdelibs.

Guest Serman

Hi I've updated to kde 3.5 with your mega enhanced packages. Everything seems ok, but some widgets styles are missing.

For example, i used Comix style and now I can't select it. I've reinstaled the rpm with the style and updated everything from your repository. I've tried to install another themes with the same result: I can choose colors and window decoration but not widget style.

¿Where is the problem?

Thank you for your great work.

Hi I've updated to kde 3.5 with your mega enhanced packages. Everything seems ok, but some widgets styles are missing.

For example, i used Comix style and now I can't select it. I've reinstaled the rpm with the style and updated everything from your repository. I've tried to install another themes with the same result: I can choose colors and window decoration but not widget style.

¿Where is the problem?

By this i can see that you dont have neither our latest kde rpms installed, because if you have so, they would require qt3-3.4.5-5 wich was the qt3 used to build them, so its normal you have that problem since you dont our latest qt3 installed.

Thank you for your great work.

Your welcome :)

Guest Serman

I read something similar a few post ago, so I installed your latest versión of everything related with kde. I don't know if my problem is my poor english or just my poor intelligence, but ¿where is qt3-3.4.5-5 ? In your reps (this: http://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/mirrors/thac//2006.0/SRPMS/ )the latest version I can see is 3.3.5-5. ¿You have another special qt rep, or I have to wait for your next releases?

Thank you for your time. :-)

I read something similar a few post ago, so I installed your latest versión of everything related with kde. I don't know if my problem is my poor english or just my poor intelligence, but ¿where is  qt3-3.4.5-5 ? In your reps (this: http://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/mirrors/thac//2006.0/SRPMS/  )the latest version I can see is 3.3.5-5. ¿You have another special qt rep, or I have to wait for your next releases?

Thank you for your time. :-)

sorry, i wanted to say qt3-3.3.5-5