SUSE 10.0 kde

Guest roobs

hi all... :help:

so i wonder if anyone can help me? i have been trying to install suse 10.0 onto a separate partition on my puter, so i can have a dual boot machine and keep my existing windows installation.

my current windows os is xpsp2, and i have that split into 2 ntfs partitions (1 with system and programs, 1 with media storage). i also have a further 35GB unallocated space which i want to use for the suse install...

ok - i boot from the dvd, no probs. i can go through all the rigmarole of installation with no hiccups (except that it doesn't detect my wireless network card - i have plugged into the ethernet for now).

i'm not entirely sure how to set up access to my router on linux, as i confess to being a windows disciple, but i think i got the general gist.

so all according to plam - INSTALLATION COMPLETE. But, when you reboot into the OS i get as far as the desktop and there the system just freezes. Nothing. Nada! I dunno what's wrong??

I'm gutted too, cos i really like the look and fel of the platform but it won't frickin work. Doh! Anyone got any suggestions? :cry:

:thanks:

Can you change to console (Ctrl+Alt+F1) ?

i'm really not sure... i'll try. Ctrl+Alt+Backspace has no effect. I didn't know about Ctrl+Alt+F1. As i said, i'm a complete windows geek, so i have no idea about linux at all, it's like another language (literally). are there any other keypresses i can try too? does it have a taskmanager?

:cheesy: