limewire problem

tr3s

I installed limewire with the package installer,the menu shortcut also.I use 2005 le.When I click the limewire button I can see the hourglass working(kde) then nothing happens.

I just tried limewire from a root command prompt and it said

[/usr/bin/limewire: error: failed to set JAVACMD

/usr/share/java-utils/java-functions: line 135: -mx32m: command not found]

any help, pls...

java is already installed. i installed azureus and it needs java.

btw, when i installed limewire using the mcc, it required jpackage and some dependencies to be installed. i assume jpackage is the java utilities needed by limewire.

somebody already made it to work thru mcc? i want to install it thru mcc so that i can get limewire updates

tnx btw

Use the official java instead from java.sun.com.

I don't know why do you want to use Limewire but I recommend to not use it. The manufacturer of Limewire made an agreement with the record companies so it downloads files with licenses only. If you want DRM free stuff and Limewire use/search for Frostwire instead. It has only a beta yet so don't expect to much. Otherwise you can still use some other filesharing system.

i have the official jre installed in /usr/lib/jre1.5.0_04. i used the bin installer. firefox and azureus are using that.

is there a way to make limewire point to that directory?

well, limewire is the only p2p program i can find in the urpmi.

alright, i already made it to work by installing the limewire latest beta rpm.

but have you guys checked that it is already available in urmpi? so probably its better if we let mcc handle the installation so that we can update/remove limewire later..

does anybody here already tried it using urmpi or mcc?

You can dl the rpm to a local directory and set that directory as a local repository for urpmi (MCC is a front end for urpmi). The jpackage Limewire is old and doesn't work with 2006 and the 1.5 java. I set up the limewire rpm for my son, who is quitting Windows for Linux, and it works fine.

Create a directory where you want to keep your rpms. Then when you dl an rpm put it in that directory. Then to set that up as a urpmi repository 1) name the repository, my_rpms for example, and 2) use urpmi.addmedia, i.e #urpmi.addmedia my_rpms file://path to directory. It's a good idea to have the rpms mounted in either your /home partition or another partition. I have a separate partition for this sort of stuff. Then when you re-install or put in a new version you won't lose the rpms (unless you reformat by mistake).