Torrent & MD5

disco_lad

I dont know if it has a features that check the MD5 automatically, but you can always check the md5 manually... like if you are downloading linux-iso from torrent, you can always check the MD5sum manually then compare it to its website MD5sum list but if you'v downloaded a software that does not have a legitimate source of MD5sum to compare with, then its up to you...

Is there a good torrent downloading software for linux?

google torrent client for linux and google will be happy to show you all

Edited by aioshin

The wikipedia article Bit_Torrent gives an interesting introduction - according to this "As soon as the client finishes importing a block, it hashes it to make sure that the block matches what the torrent file said it should be." So it does this for each of the (many) blocks into which the file is split.

As for a client, I just used urpmi and put "torrent" in the search box. I got "bittorrent-4.0.1" and "bittorrent-gui-4.0.1" which give a reasonably slick interface. Although I've only used it for "Star Wreck" so far (thanks for the tip, AussieJohn!). Works fine though.