Wireless Driver rt2500 [solved]

Murda

Hi.

I'm installing my Wireless adapter to my Laptop. I've been searching for this board for help, nothing. Then i googled and found this site

http://forum.presence-pc.com/presencepc/Le...sujet-646-1.htm

It shows how the installation process is done. I just get stuck after this command:

make -C /usr/src/linux SUBDIRS=$PWD modules

I get errors like:

/home/murda/asennuspaketit/driver/rt2500/Module/rtmp_main.c:164: warning: passing arg 1 of 'readl' makes pointer from integer without a cast

I get these from all of the files.

I have kernel-sources installed that match my kernel that is in use right now.

I've ran out of ideas now. :angry:

Edited by Murda

Forgive me if you've seen this already, but you may also find this URL useful:

http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php/HOWTOS

Forgive me if you've seen this already, but you may also find this URL useful:

http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php/HOWTOS

I partially found the answer there, but had to modify some of my settings.

I had WPA/PSK with AES already configured on my Wireless Access Point, but was unable to configure it to my laptop (running Mandriva) without RaConfig.

My solution to this was that i drop all encryption methods down and set MAC Address Restricrion/Enforcing online. Then i noticed a service called "wpa_supplicant" in my MCC. That can be the solution for this. But i'm pretty tired right now, this will do for me and my home network (now 3 computers connected via WLAN).

Consider this one as solved.

Thank you for help again. :P

Edit:

And remember, those qt3 packages are an essential part of this process.

I didn't have qt3-devel package installed and that's why i got those errors during installation.

(if you install qt3-devel, be prepared to download at least 10 other packages, ~128mb, to solve the dependancy problems)

Edited by Murda

• 4 months later...

Hi again. Just wanted to update this post.

rt2500 driver is included in Mandriva 2006 so you don't have to follow this installation guide anymore. Just install Mandriva 2006 and you're ready to go. I don't know if there's any support for encryption, but as I can't see any other WLAN networks at home (and i know my neighbours don't have any WLAN cards), MAC address restriction will do just fine for me without any encryption.

wpa_supplicant is available, which I've used, but then I use ndiswrapper for my card. I'm pretty sure you can configure it to use with other cards as well that aren't using ndiswrapper as the driver interface.