2006 vs 2005 fixes...

Guest OrlandoNative

Guest OrlandoNative

Just installed Mandriva 2006 on my laptop, replacing the 2005 release that was there previously, and I've noticed an 'old' problem has returned... ...namely, it appears that after a while when the screen is locked, especially if the cover is closed, the system 'freezes up'. This problem in 2005 was fixed, or at least it appeared to be, about a month ago in 2005... ...though, because I applied a bunch of fixes together, I'm not sure which one actually fixed it... :cry:

Have all the LATEST 2005 fixes already migrated to 2006? Or can we expect them to soon?

:ph34r:

Welcome OrlandoNative, to the great MUB.

This sounds more like a setup problem for the laptop rather than a Mandriva problem. It is likely that you accidently found the correct place to make the necessary setup change in Mandriva2005 and because the layout for 2006 is perhaps a little different, you have fogotten or cannot find the place to make the setting change.

If you are using KDE, open kde Control Centre and carefully go through each and every part of it and look for things that might effect a laptop such as screensavers, power control and so on. In Power Control try setting Suspend to Disabled. This I remember was always a problem area back in early Windows even on desktop machines. Just look into everything systematically and try making changes. Make notes as you go along so when you find what works then you will know in future what to do even when later versions come out.

Cheers. John.

Edited by AussieJohn