Mandriva and Eric´s Ultimate Solitaire

apbsa

I have been unable to get Ericś Ultimate Solitaire to run on Mandriva 2005LE or 2006. Although it installs, and I also install the update, when I try to run it I get the message ¨Segmentation fault¨. I haven´t been able to find any information about why it won´t run.

Does anyone here have an idea how it can be run? It is a nice game, and it would be great to be able to use it in Mandriva. :thanks:

I think you are better off installing Pysol (Solitaire) from the Linux collection. It has nearly 200 versions of solitaire not just 25 from the version you mention. And this one comes for free and includes music and different card sets. It has lots of optional preference settings and installs on ALL Linux OSs with no complications at all.

It will even be on the cds that you used to install Mandriva. Just Open MCC )Mandrake Control Centre go to install packages and scroll down till you find Pysol (Solitaire). When you find it and tick it to install, it will also select the the other packages it depends on (Python etc) and install the lot at the same time. When completed go to Start Menu ---->More Applications ------> Games ----> Cards -------> Pysol.

A hell of a lot easier than trying to sort out this other thing and a lot better offering with more choice to boot. I use it a lot, together with Mahjongg and also Shisen-Sho. I have also recently added Mahjongg-3D-Solitaire which is available from Contribs. Really nice and again very attractive options.

Cheers. John.

• 3 weeks later...

Pysol is good, but I like Eric's Ultimate Solitaire as well. I paid for it as too, which is a powerful motivation to try and get it working! Has anyone got any idea how I can get it to run? Thanks in advance.

Edited by apbsa

Pysol is good, but I like Eric's Ultimate Solitaire as well. I paid for it as too,  which is a powerful motivation to try and get it working! Has anyone got any idea how I can get it to run? Thanks in advance.

Try running the game from the command line in a terminal and see what kind of error output you get. That might be a good way to see where the problems are. I use the Pysol game that John mentioned and have used it for years. It has worked under all flavors of linux with no trouble, except for Fedora 4 with the very newest python. However, I wouldn't have known why Pysol suddenly won't run unless I tried to run it from a terminal. That's where I saw errors concerning python libraries. Any time I tried it from the menu system absolutely nothing happened.

Glennzo

gjohnz@comcast.net