cooker back to 2006?

johnh123

OK, last night I updated my 2006 rc2 install to cooker. So far, so good. But i'm not sure that it is a good idea to keep updating that way. When the public 2006 is released, will I be able to go 'back' to 2006, or am I stuck because I am already 'past' it?

[moved from Installing Mandriva by spinynorman]

My 10.2 (2005) installation is an update from 10.2 RC2 with a frozen cooker midstage, I changed the repos when 10.2 official (main and update) urpmi sources came online. And I've been updating ever since with no problems at all.

Of course there is no guarantee that the same is valid for this time.

Edited by solarian

My system is an upgrade from 2005LE to rc2 with all the cooker updates as of the official release of a few days ago. At this point the best bet is to leave averything alone until the stable repositories are up. Soon I also expect a big package of updates, but I've seen none yet. Assuming you've installed your rc2 and updated from cooker already you should be fine. There are, by the way a lot of updates in cooker from rc2. Before doing an update make sure cooker is still frozen. Someone here must know, but it does appear still to be frozen. If it is frozen just do urpm --auto-select after your media is all updated. You may also want to install smart and try that out as root also (can run, as root, smart --gui). It will go to the cooker repositories automatically. But again make sure cooker is still frozen.