Tomorrow is the day?

blackhat101

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I wouldn't have thought that penguin had its partisans!

My husband refused point-blank when I offered to change the boot image on his computer, saying he liked the starry-eyed penguin! Hopefully he won't be too disappointed when I put 2006 on it :cheesy:

BTW, does anyone know the release date for the iso's to those of us who are too poor/tight to pay for membership?

You can get the boot.iso (read my site, I used it for my latest installations) and install from ftp (or http, nfs, local hd). So you don't actually have to wait.

Since you want to download the iso images I gather you do have the bandwidth. You could just get the mirror contents (~10GB) and install from local hd / local network.

Anybody knows why the web interface for the Mandrake firewall (mnf-en) is not present in 2006.0, while it was there in 10.2/2005LE?

Actually it was a nice/convenient interface for Mandy's firewall, removing it means that either there's something better (what? certainly not the webmin firewall administration module!), or Mandy decided that this is not free anymore...

Edited by scarecrow

Anybody knows why the web interface for the Mandrake firewall (mnf-en) is not present in 2006.0, while it was there in 10.2/2005LE?

Actually it was a nice/convenient interface for Mandy's firewall, removing it means that either there's something better (what? certainly not the webmin firewall administration module!), or Mandy decided that this is not free anymore...

Who knows, there were a lot of things that got the boot to accomodate alot of intel stuff, AFAIK!

About the Intel stuff - you did notice the add during install, right?

Anyway, there is now an 'interactive firewall'.

More info here: http://qa.mandriva.com/twiki/bin/view/Main...ractiveFirewall

Why does everyone always suspect that Mandriva makes things 'no longer free' (as in beer) if it goes missing?

When have they ever done that? (Maybe Iwas asleep at the time?)

This is one of my main reasons to support Mandrake/Mandriva: all they do is GPL. So only the external code (which they include as a service to paying members) is not open.

As the saying goes: never ascribe to malice what can be explained perfectly by incompetence.

That applies regularly to Mandriva management and communications. Not in this case though.. :D