Cannot resize windows so I can see

frosterrj

I am running the cooker version of 2006, and all is well, but this problem has had me for a while, even on LE2005.

When I go to a config diaglog (help/configure X app) the window that opens is too big for my screen and I can't make it any smaller so I can make my config changes then choose "OK" or "Apply" or whatever is at the bottom of the window. The desktop fills the screen properly, though

I am running a the screen/driver in 800x600 16 bit mode, using the NeoMagic MagicMedia built in graphics.

Anyone know what part of Xorg.conf would cause this>

Thanks,

Robert

[moved from Laptops, etc by spinynorman]

Can't answer all of your problems, but to move the screen further up, down etc,

hold down the "ALT" key on your keyboard and the left click on your mouse at the same time. You can then move the screen anywhere you like.

Can't answer all of your problems, but to move the screen further up, down etc,

hold down the "ALT" key on your keyboard and the left click on your mouse at the same time. You can then move the screen anywhere you like.

yes, but the window is already too big, and I cant move the top of the window beyond the border of the desktop. I only get 2 icons in upper left corner - minimize to tray, and maximize window. when maximized, the the buttons are still below the bottom edge of the screen, even with the kicker moved out of the way........

R

Use the the above sugestion by clicking and moving in the middle of the screen / window  ................ the mouse doesn't have to be on a title bar.

OK, learn something new everyday. I was able to alt-click and move the window up so I could select apply and ok.

Isnt this a sign that something's not right with the x server? Why wouldnt all dialogs appear within the screen's size??

Thanks.

Robert

It could be your fonts are configured too big. Have you tried changing the size of them? Mine are normally size 8 or 10 but this is based on screen resolution of 1024x768.

It could be your fonts are configured too big.  Have you tried changing the size of them?  Mine are normally size 8 or 10 but this is based on screen resolution of 1024x768.

Do you mean in Kcontol center or MCC? Not sure I ever saw this in MCC. I do know that I only have the 75 DPI font package installed. SHould I get the 100 DPI package.

Not sure how you mean to change the font size. Please clarify.

Thanks,

Robert