Themes & Art for Mandriva

Do you think there are too few art/themes made for Mandriva?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think there are too few art/themes made for Mandriva?

• Yes
    • No, there's enough
    • Art should be made Distro Neutral
    • I don't care
    • Other, please state

The reason for this poll is when you looking on the pages like kde-look-org, gnome-look.org etc. you will notice that alot of the stuff are aiming to/for a specific distro. More clearly splash screens, wallpaper mainly.

Do you think there's a lack of art and themes for Mandriva?

Open for discussion and comments :)

I voted "other" because I think there are enough themes available for Mandy, but what I don't like is that you can't install e.g. debian KDE themes in Mandy and vice versa with a simple click. Either you use the sources of a theme and compile it or you have a problem. It would be nice however, if KDE would follow the Gnome/E17/fluxbox/... approach. Download the source, drag and drop into the approriate theme folder and the theme is installed. No matter if you use Mandy or any other distro.

I said 'Distro Neutral' ...but I think it's nice that people love their distro enough to make something for it.

It's hard for me to speak about mdv because it is kde-centric and I very rarely go to kde-look. There's not much in the way of gnome stuff for mdv though and I think that is expected.

I don't belong to the Club and never have, so I could be wrong, but there doesn't seem to be much interest in art for mdv eiher. Maybe because of the overused default colors? I think that is a big turnoff!

Regarding the lack of quality, I could agree and disagree, because it depends on exactly what you mean. Is it the api? quality of artists? bad designs? bad coding by the artist? all of the above? To just say the quality stinks, doesn't say anything. I think the quality, overall of windows coding is bad. The api is there, and the talent in graphics is there, but the themes are not put together right so they end up unusable and not uniform, instep with the desktop.

most of the themework that i want is actually distro-neutral. i had rather have some simply plain looks that are clean and manageable. hence i voted that there was enough artwork.