Mandriva 2006

I was an early seeder for the new release of 2006.

I finally finished the download of the DVD and this morning did an update to my existing 2006 RC2.

All went without errors until the reboot and I got the following on the screen

Please insert the medium named "The Ultimate Linux Desktop DVD" on device[/dev/hda] Press enter when ready

first the cdrom drive opens and since this is a DVD it is the wrong drive.

is there some command that can be entered to make it accept the DVD from the proper drive?

Has anyone else either installed or upgraded from this new release?

I know my bittorrent was very active all day and night uploading this release.

Appreciate any help or suggestions as to what I can do.

Larry.

No, swapping 2 optical drives shouldn't create any problems under XP.

Nor it will create any on Fedora, if you use "auto" as filesystem for optical drives in your /etc/fstab- you may just have to alter a bit the device settings of your favorite multimedia player, e.g. xine.

I did the cable swap but it made no difference. I believe that after the install they are looking for the cd1 and that is why it opens the cdrom.

they do not have it programmed right to look for the dvd drive when you install from a dvd.

Larry.

I believe there is a way to burn the actual CD's out of the DVD, but since I've never done it I'm not sure... Whenever I install Mandy now that I'm on broadband I do a netinstall from the small, 15MB ISO...

Thanks again for all your help.

right now I just ran out of space downloading and since I manually set this thing up I am not sure how to add more space so I am going to rebuild it.

I need the practice in re installing some things.

take care

Larry.

I haven't seen the torrents released for 2006 on mandrake club yet. Hopefully, they will be out sometime today.

To answer your original question, you just have to go into the media/sources section in mcc/software management and edit the dvd source to reflect the mountpoint for your dvd drive.