I'm on Mandriva soon

After a long vacation away from Mandriva (or mandrake when I left it) a year ago. I've renewed my Silver membership and in this moment I'm writting this I'm downloading the powerplus CDs (21 hours left ^^).

I have learned alot with ubuntu, no doubt of that. Got familiar with apt-get and dpkg installations commands, manually configs diffrent stuff, compiling more advanced stuff, kernels etc.

Now I've to set myself in how Mandriva works, urmpi, rpm etc. I've forgot most of these things and where to look for cool stuff for Mandriva, but soon I'll be back on the track. So I need to relearn some stuff and I hope you guys will help me out ^^

This also mean I'll use my artistic skills in the favour of Mandriva (to few Mandriva stuff in <insert DE>-look.org and I can better help out in forums answering questions instead of being only moderator.

The AI Dude who came home after a long journey

[moved from Talk-Talk by spinynorman]

I set off a download of Debian which was set to take about 72 hours for a 4GB DVD using jigdo, which they recommend as being the best (couldn't download with torrents at work), than using the FTP site directly.

Not that I'm leaving Mandriva, just want to try another distro :P

I never thought of that :P

I did have a Knoppix Live CD, didn't realise that Kanotix was based on Debian, but will try the Debian Pure on Monday when I'm in work, only got 128Kbps at home!

Sorry about that "Off-Topic". :P

I just upgraded to Mandriva LE 2005 on my daughter's box. I haven't played with it in years so I'm in the process of relearning it myself. I see questions on the board that I know the answers to - in Gentoo. Now I hope I'll be able to give answers for how to do things in Mandriva.

After a long vacation away from Mandriva (or mandrake when I left it) a year ago. I've renewed my Silver membership and in this moment I'm writting this I'm downloading the powerplus CDs (21 hours left ^^).

I have learned alot with ubuntu, no doubt of that. Got familiar with apt-get and dpkg installations commands, manually configs diffrent stuff, compiling more advanced stuff, kernels etc.

Now I've to set myself in how Mandriva works, urmpi, rpm etc. I've forgot most of these things and where to look for cool stuff for Mandriva, but soon I'll be back on the track. So I need to relearn some stuff and I hope you guys will help me out ^^

This also mean I'll use my artistic skills in the favour of Mandriva (to few Mandriva stuff in <insert DE>-look.org and I can better help out in forums answering questions instead of being only moderator.

The AI Dude who came home after a long journey

You shoulda waited a couple of days for 2006!

Might see ya around the club, if ye can be bothered...

Is it member release or official release?

Official, the club's getting first digs about ten days before orders for boxes are available, and about a month before free is publically available. Early seeders were given access to the Iso's on Friday, club members should be able to download from the start of next week (Monday, if the sources are to be trusted). Although I reckon the excrement is going to hit the fan, as it appears some "Early seeders" aren't interested in seeding at all, the just wanted first shot, but then again only time will tell!