mandriva 2006 rc2 x64

larrychisholm@comcast.net

Trying to install firefox 1.0.7 or I guess any version that will allow me to load Java and FlashPlayer.

I get the error that the compiler is looking for libstdc++.so.5 and I have searched for that but cannot

or did not see the exact name as here.

Any help or suggestions on how to keep my RC2 install using x64 running on a AMD processor

and just get rid of the current firefox and installing a i686 version.

I think I can leave the current firefox and install a i686 version in my home directory and then set

up a desktop link to the i686 version but I still need the libstdc application.

sound dumb or is it something that could work?

Larry

[moved from Hardware by spinynorman]

Any help or suggestions on how to keep my RC2 install using x64 running on a AMD processor and just get rid of the current firefox and installing a i686 version.  I think I can leave the current firefox and install a i686 version in my home directory and then set up a desktop link to the i686 version but I still need the libstdc application.

sound dumb or is it something that could work?

I am currently running x86_64 mdk-10.1 but with a 32bit firefox 1.0.2 with flash,java etc . Required the installation of GTK+2 and some gnomerelated libs for the 586 arch.

If your attempted installation is asking for libstdc++5 then it is available under the contribs ( though it is for gcc-3.3.6).

I think it's worth a shot

best,

A.

Edited by arshadmomen