Firefox libstdc++ error (when trying to install)

NewAgeLink

of course

where do you think that file is packaged in?

-------------

hey~!! no more questions for solarian this night

he's totally wasted and will probably flush your root with the next advice ;)

oh and btw, that lib file is inside the rpm files you're finding

Edited by solarian

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you had looked at libstdc++5***, in MCC you would have seen that the File iibstdc++so.5 is one of its file parts. It tells you this in the information on the right side, either in the already installed section if it is already installed, or in the install software section if it isn't.

libstdc++6*** will contain a file libstdc++so.6. and it is very likely that it would do the same job.

In the Software Packages Removal screen, looking at libstdc++6-3.4.3-7mdk I see

Files:

/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6

/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.3

But that still doesn't change anything or fix my problem. :/ What's your point?

My point is try and install the 6 version you found and it will likely work.
No, it's already installed, so I guess it's not working.
If not then then use the rpm from pbone that is version 5.
I search for 'libstds++.so.5' and I get
Not enough search parameters. I'm using defaults.

FILE WASN'T FOUND IN ANY RPM FILE. TRYING TO SEARCH THIS FILE ON FTP SERVERS

You have chosen search rpm in world FTP resources.

Your search libstds++.so.5 did not match any entry in database.

If you didn't do it, try add to searched space more distributions and repositories.

FILE WASN'T FOUND IN ANY RPM FILE. TRYING TO SEARCH THIS FILE ON FTP SERVERS

You have chosen search rpm in world FTP resources.

Your search libstds++.so.5 did not match any entry in database.

If you didn't do it, try add to searched space more distributions and repositories.

doh! you need libstdc++.so.5 :screwy::juggle:

I'm stoned and even then I can see that error :P

doh! you need libstdc++.so.5  :screwy:  :juggle:

I'm stoned and even then I can see that error   :P

... yeah, I think that's my problem. Share. :P

So I install the doohicky and install Firefox per the instructions at http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/re...nloadandinstall ...

[daniel@localhost ~]$ pwd
/home/daniel
[daniel@localhost ~]$ cd firefox-installer
[daniel@localhost firefox-installer]$ pwd
/home/daniel/firefox-installer
[daniel@localhost firefox-installer]$ ./firefox-installer

(firefox-installer-bin:3162): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to p
ango_layout_set_text()

(firefox-installer-bin:3162): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to p
ango_layout_set_text()

ango_layout_set_text()

(firefox-installer-bin:3162): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()
[daniel@localhost firefox-installer]$ *** loading the extensions datasource
*** loading the extensions datasource
*** getItemProperty failing for lack of an item. This means getResourceForItem               failed to locate a resource for aItemID (item ID = http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/extensions/adblock/adblock-0.5.2.039-fx.xpi, property = disabled)
*** getItemProperty failing for lack of an item. This means getResourceForItem               failed to locate a resource for aItemID (item ID = http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/extensions/adblock/adblock-0.5.2.039-fx.xpi, property = internalName)
*** getItemProperty failing for lack of an item. This means getResourceForItem               failed to locate a resource for aItemID (item ID = {34274bf4-1d97-a289-e984-17e546307e4f}, property = internalName)
*** getItemProperty failing for lack of an item. This means getResourceForItem               failed to locate a resource for aItemID (item ID = http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/extensions/stumbleupon/stumbleupon-2.04-fx+mz+ns.xpi, property = disabled)
*** getItemProperty failing for lack of an item. This means getResourceForItem               failed to locate a resource for aItemID (item ID = http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/extensions/stumbleupon/stumbleupon-2.04-fx+mz+ns.xpi, property = internalName)
[daniel@localhost firefox-installer]$

I think some of those last errors might have been when I was installing the Adblock and StumbleUpon extensions from update.mozilla.org...

When I click the Firefox icon in the toolbar (I think I'm using KDE at the moment? Not sure), it loads Firefox 1.0.2. I guess I'm gonna go see if I can/should uninstall it.

The only way for me to start up Firefox 1.0.7 is to go to /home/daniel/Programs/Mozilla/firefox-installer and Run "firefox"... or maybe it was "run-mozilla.sh". Both shell scripts (and the only ones in the folder, I might add), but I think it was the first I ran. (It's 4 am and I'ma sleepy.)

So how do I add the "shortcut to my taskbar" so to speak (wondering about the change of lingo from Windows to Linux) and the shortcut to my menu? And what's with all those errors? :(

You have two versions of Firefox installed.
Should I uninstall v1.0.2?
To change your shortcut click on its' properties and change the path to your 1.0.7 firefox file

Right, so Properties > Application tab > Command: "/usr/bin/mozilla-firefox" becomes '/home/daniel/Programs/Mozilla/firefox-installer/firefox'...

Just butting in on a long thread, but when I see your first post stating you "have" to update to Firefox 1.0.7 I must ask "why?" I have no idea whether you have updated via MCC all the new patches to the system or not. If you have updated them, including Firefox you should have all that you need. I just wonder if you are making your life a bit too complicated. I would recommend that if you are still running the original installed Firefox that you simply update via MCC.