Cannot download RC2 DVD [solved]

lynchmob

Due to ftp protocals having trouble with over 2 gig files there is a program just for this:

http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/wget.html

Info:

GNU Wget is a free software package for retrieving files using HTTP, HTTPS and FTP, the most widely-used Internet protocols. It is a non-interactive commandline tool, so it may easily be called from scripts, cron jobs, terminals without X-Windows support, etc.

GNU Wget has many features to make retrieving large files or mirroring entire web or FTP sites easy, including:

Can resume aborted downloads, using REST and RANGE

Can use filename wild cards and recursively mirror directories

NLS-based message files for many different languages

Optionally converts absolute links in downloaded documents to relative, so that downloaded documents may link to each other locally

Runs on most UNIX-like operating systems as well as Microsoft Windows

Supports HTTP and SOCKS proxies

Supports HTTP cookies

Supports persistent HTTP connections

Unattended / background operation

Uses local file timestamps to determine whether documents need to be re-downloaded when mirroring

GNU Wget is distributed under the GNU General Public License.

Thanks. Wget worked. I had forgotten all about that.

I'm Linux only, but if you are doing this from Windows google ftp clients for Windows

I never use M$. Just have been downloading CD isos, not DVD isos and was'nt aware of the ftp file size limitations at some mirror sites. I've been using Linux (mainly MDK/ 'driva) for about 6 years now. This is a nice site that I've lurked in anon' from time to time. Answered some Qs for me too. :)

Thought it was about time to register. Who knows, maybe I can answer a Q or 2 somtime. :D

lynchmob