Totem!

solarian

Help!

I can not launch totem any more! :cry:

Every time I launch it, it just says that it has quit and needs to be restarted.

How can I see a more detailed error report in terminal, because just launching from it doesn't show any additional info.

Ok, so I installer/removed some packages recently, but I can not find what I did wrong, because all the dependencies are there, except for...

well.. I don't have /bin/sh anymore.

At least the dependency checker at rpm.pbone.net tells me that I need it. :oops::help:

Wouldn't it be quicker and simpler to uninstall Totem and do a fresh install of the latest version, or have you tried that already ???.

If you took that route then MCC would pick up the necessary dependency as well.

Just a thought. It is the way I do things and although it may not be geekish it still gets the job done.

Totem is my favourite dvd player as well. Just stick in the DVD and it immediately starts the movie exactly the same as a dvd player. No fiddling around between inserting the disc and the movie opening appearing on the screen. Yyyaaayyy.

Cheers. John.

John, of course I did that :) That's the first thing I always do, but it didn't help this time.

----------------------

When running what derives advised, I get endless lines of these (until the program exits)

** (totem:31299): CRITICAL **: pop_state: assertion `info->states != NULL' failed

** (totem:31299): CRITICAL **: peek_state: assertion `info->states != NULL' failed

** (totem:31299): CRITICAL **: peek_state: assertion `info->states != NULL' failed

** (totem:31299): CRITICAL **: pop_state: assertion `info->states != NULL' failed

Could I make the following suggestion ???.

Uninstall Totem and before you consider reinstalling, open Find Files and type in totem and make sure you select / in the Look in section.

If there is anything found then delete those files and only then do a reinstall.

It would seem like some residual thing is causing the reinstall to be ineffective.

I hope it helps you. Cheers. John.

Thanks for the suggestion, John!,

it might help sometime, but unfortunately not this one - nothing found! (I deleted one in /home/user/). :/ weird

-----------

So... anyone, what's with the /bin/sh ? I don't have it..

Could it make a problem?