Firefox & poor font rendition

SilverSurfer60

I have seen a few references to web pages displayed with the tops of lines of text cut off, and squashed up fonts in Firefox. I too suffered with this for quite awhile. Howver I found that if I refreshed a page then it would be displayed correctly. I couldn't work out why. I may have found a work around, and that is to edit the config file for firefox.

Method : open about:config in firefox,

Toggle the parameter 'browser.cache.disk.enable' to FALSE; voila the pages display correctly.

I know it may slow down the display a little as each page has to be fetched from the server, but the slow down is minimal and is better for me as the page is much easier to read. Unitl I find another way it stays as it is.

I hope this is of use to a few more users. :beer:

• 2 weeks later...

I may have found a better solution to the afore mentioned problem.

Whilst prodding and probing with font settings in firefox preferences I came across the display resolution drop down box, selected 'other' and mesured the line that was displayed, entered in the box the measurement and let firefox calculate the resolution for me. On my system it came up with 86dpi. Set the 'browser.cache.disk.enable' back to true and did a bit of surfing. What do you know, every site that had given problems rendered perfectly.

I hope this is of assistance to anybody having the problem outlined in my other post.