keyboarddrake - multiple layouts?

jimw

In ordinary circumstances, English is my default. Occasionally, however, I want to write in another language. I have discovered the kde keyboard tool, but unfortunately I cannot get a working Mongolian keyboard through this, nor is the uzbek one even on the list of choices.

However, through both keyboarddrake and drakkeyboard, I can find and install the Uzbek or Mongolian keyboards, and make them work.

However, it does not seem possible to have more than two keyboards, the default and one other. Is this really the case? If so, what have I missed?

And since I can switch to Uzbek through keyboarddrake, this means that the facility is one my machine somewhere. I have found uzbek file, in /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/pc. clearly, it has to be in some other file as well for the kde keyboard tool to find it, or at least there have to be pointers somewhere to point to it. Can anyone give me a nudge in the right direction on this?

I have tried Google, but have yet to find a way to fine down the question to less than 63,000 hits.

Thanks,

JimW

[moved from Tips & Tricks by spinynorman]