firewall

Guest berri

Would somebody advise what firewall would be compatible with madrake limited 10.2 on a dual boot system with windows Xp version 1?

I clicked on the firewall that came with mandrake but was unable to use my modem so I had to unclick the firewall and do not have one.

thanks for any help.

:thanks::thanks: B) B)

[moved from Hardware by spinynorman]

Shorewall is very nice although needs a bit understanding...

check the shorewall website for more information

http://www.shorewall.net

P.S:shorewall is on the distro cds, look for it with rpmdrake

Cheers....

hey sampan, i tried earlier this week to install firestarter, it was an RPM file that was dowload from the official site, after double clicking the file it said installed and all that but no GUI sprung up for the confiuration options so i uninstalled it.

i dont doubt what you say isnt true its just shorewall seemed more newbie friendly to configure through the MCC

hey john,

the best thing for this really is the urpmi solution. there's a link at the top of this forum (i think) that tells you how to do the easyurpmi setup for your mandriva box. then as root (or just su) do a "urpmi firestarter" and it works.

i've done it before on smaller systems but always went back to shorewall. good luck.