Firefox-1.5b1 Beta

Crashdamage

I've been using 1.0.6 but wanted to give the new version a try. After a couple of days use, it seems to be a little quicker loading both the program and webpages, and Foward-Back are certainly much quicker. So far has been nice and stable, and the problem I've always had 'til now, with all versions of Firefox, of scrolling with the mouse wheel coming and going seems to be fixed - scrolling has always worked so far. But be aware that most extensions don't work with yet in this Beta. Some pages do render differently than with 1.0.6 - mostly for the better.

As for Java, well, Java applets mostly but not always work. For example, java applets on these sites fail with with Firefox-1.5 but not 1.0.6:

http://www.bodo.com/javame.htm (a tough test)

http://www.dslreports.com/stest/

But that could be because I still have jre-1.4.2 installed. I may update to jre-1.5 and see if that straightens things up, but I'm kinda leery of doing it 'cause I found using the Win version of Firefox-1.0.6 with jre-1.5 breaks a couple of websites I use, so I had to go back to using 1.4.2. I really haven't fooled around with jre-1.5 on Linux yet with any version of Firefox, or tried the Firefox-1.5b1 Win version with jre-1.5. Still sortin' this stuff out. Any advice on Java would be appreciated.

By stable-release time Firefox 1.5 should be very nice. I posted this with it. Anyone else try 1.5b1 yet?