wireless connection in Mandriva

mystified

I don't suppose it works if you add hosap-pci to modprobe.preload by any chance?  Just an idea.....

at least that's the file on MDK/MDV, not sure if it's another distro.

Or maybe it's modules.conf that you could add hosap-pci to, and see if it loads at boot.

EVICE=wlan0
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
ONBOOT=yes
METRIC=10
MII_NOT_SUPPORTED=yes
USERCTL=yes
WIRELESS_MODE=Managed
WIRELESS_ESSID=any
DHCP_CLIENT=dhclient
NEEDHOSTNAME=yes
PEERDNS=yes
PEERYP=no
PEERNTPD=no

By chance, would it be that there actually is "EVICE" in your cfg file instead of "DEVICE", or is it a typo?

Apart from that, and the few things I previously outlined, I see nothing wrong with this file. Some people reported having problems with WiFi adapters with "dhclient", and having better luck with "pump". So you may try and "urpmi pump", and then change your cfg file with "DHCP_CLIENT=pump".

Some debugging may also be helpful, eg: start in "interactive" mode ("I" key during a runlevel=3 boot), and don't start anything network-related, and then start those by hand, and see what gets output...

I'm unfortunately at the limits of my two-week-old WiFi knowledge :( 1 month ago, "WiFi" was just a word to me...

Yves.