webDAV

Smorgje

The people at university have been as kind as to give me 200 Megs of space on a webDAV server. But the only problem is, I can't get it to mount properly. (Or at all, even).

I set it up correctly using Mandriva Control Centre, and it seems to mount it OK (it gets past the authentication), but I can't see my files in '/mnt/TUDelft/'.

I tried to give a mount command from the terminal as root as well as as myself, no luck.

I don't know how to give the complete command though, so I just tell it to 'mount /mnt/TUDelft', but it says there is no such device.

'mount.davfs /mnt/TUDelft' says everything went fine, but I still can't see my files :angry:

Does anybody have any experience with this?!

BTW: I'm using Mandriva 10.1 at the moment.

You probably need some extra parameters in your mount command, something like:

mount foo://path/to/share /mnt/TUDelft

where foo is the remote server and /path/to/share is where your files are on that server.

Note. I have zero experience with webDAV, this is just from NFS experience.

Then it will ask me for my password. Which is always wrong, cause it's trying that password for user: (yep, that's empty)

It doesn't ask me for a username, but I can't find out any help for mounting davfs in the manpages of mount... :sad:

Edited by Smorgje

I looked into that one, I am supposed to have Coda for the kernel.

modinfo gave me this:

# modinfo coda
filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.8.1-12mdk/kernel/fs/coda/coda.ko.gz
author:         Peter J. Braam <braam@cs.cmu.edu>
license:        GPL
vermagic:       2.6.8.1-12mdk 686 gcc-3.4
depends:

It might just be a problem at University of course. It worked over there when I was working on a Windows machine (damn thing only had windows, hurt my eyes, it did, I really hate that blue stuff in XP).

Anyway, I've been noticing Konqueror isn't coping quite well there either, lots of file not found errors while logging in, and when I get in, I get file not found errors while changing dirs.

DAV also says file not found, so it might just be a problem lying at the server, not at the client.

Anyway, I'll see what it'll do in a while, I'm sure to let you know!

In the mean time, any ideas are still welcome, as I'm not sure it's prob with the server.

Greets!