Help with e17/CVS (Le-2005)

Hibou

Ok,

I'm interrested in trying e17 : http://www.enlightenment.org/Enlightenment/DR17/

No packages on Urpmi... they are on Cooker, but I've read that the best way to try it is to use CVS. Now, As I understand, CVS is a program which allow you to install and update another program considered to be a "work in progress".

Now,

How do I use CVS to get e17 ? Could somemeone post a Howto ?

Thanks in advance ! :thanks:

First you install cvs with : urpmi cvs

Then you tell it to log into the E17 server where they keep the code (the command and address to do so can be found on the E17 site I guess.

After that you give the command to download the code. That can be fount at the site to.

After downloading the code you build the program.

It's all commandline stuff but you can just copy and paste the commands from the E17 site.

http://get-e.org/User_Guide/English/index.html

Install cvs with;

urpmi cvs

At minimum...you'll have to use cooker pkgs to satisfy dependencies for anything in cvs (devel). Or, you can get tarballs and compile the source if the rpms are not new enough. I don't have e17 on le 2005. I have it on my ubuntu which is half hoary (stable) and half breezy (devel). Ubuntu is a lot more devel/cvs friendly than mandriva.

Edited by bvc