Slippery Suse [solved]

Tested Suse 9.2 on a new laptop. Installs fine, looks good. Then using a touch pad mouse had the cursor zooming all over the screen and opening everything it got near. Went to K Control Center. Tried to make a heavier "mouse" with little or no result.

Ive loaded it up before on my home PC and its always simple and configures everything right out of the box. But on this laptop? It was Steroid Mouse and a bizarre soundcard problem that produced a record skipping effect until I had to shut the thing down, and thought of shooting it. Upon installing Kubuntu, Fedora and trying Mepis, I saw no evidence of this hyper mouse and windows running amok.

This happen to anyone else? If so, why does it happen?

• 2 weeks later...

SOLVED

What was going wrong with Suse Installs was that I didnt choose INSTALL with NO APIC(?!), the second choice on the install menu. I saw a note somewhere about installing without APCIA or whatever letters it was, when installin on a laptop.....and then? it runs lightening fast (relative to Fedora) no mouse problems and sound out of the box including autoplaying of audio cd....course anything DVD or MP3 will take the usual tweaks and codecs. Strange though, that SUSE doesnt automatically install shadowutils and slocate? no locate command at all...and updatedb produces a puzzled , HUH? till you add some pkgs....hmnn.