resetting user profile to default

DeanGreen

After insttalling firefox and spending two days transferring my bookmarks which only few would import I came acrooss the box that again asked me to choose either default or another name and made the mistake of NOT choosing default again and it brought me too an new firefox with no bookmarks and need to get them back!

How do I tell it to open that user profile box so I can rechoose default?? Or how do I tell it to go get those bookmarks. When I choose import it finds old bookmarls from a version two yrs ago and I've tried it two times and get the same results???????? It doesn't give me a choice of what or where to go find the version to look in???

I'm a newbie, please make instructions in steps and complete. Thanks!!

I think you're talking about starting firefox with the Profile Manager.

The instructions below are from: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile#new

On Linux or Mac, start Firefox with the the -profilemanager switch, e.g. ./firefox -profilemanager (this assumes that you're in the firefox directory).

You should now see the Profile Manager window...

I'm not in Mandriva Linux right now so I can't test this, but you may be able to just do this:

Menu button -> Run Command... -> type this in the command input box: mozilla-firefox -profilemanager (and press Enter)