Show off your Desktop (September 2005)

Artificial Intelligence

Here I'm messing around with bvcs themes  :P

Trying to make a nature theme....still a long way, and man it takes a long time *sigh*

hehe...yes it does :o

I love the black trough on the sliders B)

Don't ya hate the way the volume control doesn't really use the notebook? :angry: ...looks silly. I hope they fix that. It's not like it's an xul app. Guess it's just bad coding.

Arrows are sharp too!

If it'll help, here's the scutum source images, or some...most...whatever garbage was left over. http://kwh.kernow-gb.com/~bvc/theme/devel/ScutumSRC.tar.gz

Edited by bvc

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

devries, I was just surfing the general help and came across your desktop. I am a newbie to Linux and Mandriva but would love to have Windows XP and Linux running. Is this complicated to do and could someone experienced in Windows XO but not Linux do this transfermation.

It looks brillant.

Steve

If it'll help, here's the scutum source images, or some...most...whatever garbage was left over. http://kwh.kernow-gb.com/~bvc/theme/devel/ScutumSRC.tar.gz

Thanks bvc ^^

I'll make good use of it :)

Since some 4 months or so I have found/made an ultimate desktop look for me..

The problem?! I can't post anything in these show-off threads anymore, because every month it would be the same!! :))

Edited by solarian

Question time Mr bvc. Why do most themes not seem to work in gnome 2.12? Or is this an archlinux specific bug. Also why does the new gnome menu editor not able to add items or is this also an archlinux specific bug?

I'm getting used to gnomes slowness, although I did make gnome use openbox instead and it's a little faster. I still can't believe cairo slowed it down this much...

Question time Mr bvc. Why do most themes not seem to work in gnome 2.12? Or is this an archlinux specific bug. Also why does the new gnome menu editor not able to add items or is this also an archlinux specific bug?

I'm getting used to gnomes slowness, although I did make gnome use openbox instead and it's a little faster. I still can't believe cairo slowed it down this much...

All themes work for me.....must be archlinux :unsure:

Debian Sid has had problems to.

I d/k anything about the gnome menu editor. Where is that? It's not in my menu. ....but I rarely use my menu, so I don't have a need for it.

I guess you don't have nvidia?

Option   "RenderAccel"   "true"

in xorg.conf will dramatically speed up cairo. Because it doess aa fonts, I believe that is where the speed up is occuring. Or, try to reduce the amount of aa on your fonts? When I have

Option   "RenderAccel"   "true"

I can hardly tell a difference.

Thought it might be. As for the menu editor it wasn't in my menus either but the command is "gmenu-simple-editor". Thanks, I'll add that to xorg.conf later when I can be bothered :P . Mmm i'm liking the openbox + gnome combo even more, having a right click menu is all gnome was missing and now I have it!

Thought it might be. As for the menu editor it wasn't in my menus either but the command is "gmenu-simple-editor". Thanks, I'll add that to xorg.conf later when I can be bothered :P . Mmm i'm liking the openbox + gnome combo even more, having a right click menu is all gnome was missing and now I have it!

also, cairo cvs is 10x faster than 1.0.0 and that would be safer than enabling render with the same or greater results.

the rt-click menu is one of the main reasons I like e17. You know, you can run openbox with the gnome panel and run nautilus w/ --no-desktop

Edited by bvc