devries

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have waited probably like two weeks or so. Nothing listed. I get the feeling there is no kqemu rpm for LE2005.

Or if there was, it's been removed, and no further rpm has replaced it. Normally, the packages exist for previous versions as well as the updated ones. I've seen this before with double entries when using the GUI to select packages, but obviously, when an update is available, the previous version isn't selectable.

Just decided to urpmi update to 2006.

Funny now that kqemu appears as a package "dkms-kqemu" this time. So I'm now working my way through this :P

Just an addendum. After you have created the /dev/kqemu, to then do a symlink for this:

ln -s /dev/kqemu /dev/qvm86

I had a problem with mine in that the acceleration wouldn't work until this was done. Also, to obtain additional memory using the "-m 512", I added the following line to /etc/fstab:

tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs user,size=528M 0 0

• 5 weeks later...

just installed win2k on my le2005 using Qemu, but its really too slow, not the native speed that I expected.. then I tried to shutdown and boot again with the command

qemu -m 196 hd.img

and this is what I get

Bochs BIO, 1 cpu, $Revision: 1.110 $ $Date: 2004/05/31 13:11:27 $

ata0 master: QEMU HARDDISK ATA-2 Hard-Disk (2000 Mbytes0
ata0    slave: Unknown device
ata1 master: QEMU CD-ROM ATAPI-4 CD-Rom/DVD-Rom
ata1    slave: Unknown device

Booting from Hard Disk...

Disk error
Press any key to restart
Booting from Hard Disk...
Disk error
Press any key to restart

I spend several hours on installing but this is what I got after restarting the virtual pc.. :angry:

any idea?

post-6639-1134545369_thumb.jpg

Looks like a problem with the disk image. For what´s worth i´m using an image created with dd and fat32 file system (so I can easily exchange data between linux and windows without running samba). Try installing again.

Performance problems. The native speed only goes for CPU tasks. Tasks that involve the hardware are slower. Further your computer isn´t the fastest to begin with ;)

sorry for that double post.. anyway, I created the image with dd following your instruction on the previous post, and I formatted the image as fat32, as you can see, I actually booted to windows.. this disk error happened also when I tried installing XP, that was why I switch to win2k, is there any other way to create an image? aside of using dd?