• Gnumail.app
    • Balsa
    • M2
    • Other

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used kmail for a long time but with so much html email with graphics within the text, evolution became the logical choice.

that's starting to irritate me...does kmail not support HTML? It knows it's HTML, but I can't find a way to make it render it...

Edited by tyme

when i am in linux i use sylpheed (either stable or claws, but currenty i am running claws). my needs are simple and syplheed does not take that much memory and starts lightning fast even on my old desktop.

one thing i have not yet gotten around to do is incorporating some spam filtering mechanism, either spamassassin or bogofilter.

ciao!

I used kmail for a long time but with so much html email with graphics within the text, evolution became the logical choice.

that's starting to irritate me...does kmail not support HTML? It knows it's HTML, but I can't find a way to make it render it...

The people of kde say it is too much of a security risk. You can enable (to a degree) html in individual folders.

Hello

I use M2 which is integrated in Opera.

I have tried several over the years: Outlook express, Incredimail and Thunderbird before.

I find it natural to have the mail as a menu option in the browser it gives practical benefits also when you are on forums. Copy anything you want from mail to a notefunction in Opera. Powerful search function and automatic grouping with learning and .... and on. It's a unique product and its very very fast which I appreciate since I have a slow internet connection.

I don't use gnome, but I do use evo - as I said, because I may want to try and sync it with my phone...

Well I got that right with a bluetooth dongle, multisync, synce and my ipaq - with your help if I remember correctly...

Anyway, it worked, but not very well. And you could sync it with something like Gnome's PIM suite just as easily if memory serves me correctly.

It breaks my heart to see what Evolution has become. I used to love it.

Guest msimplay

i use kmail because it fits in best with the kde desktop and has great features that work perfectly with Kopete / address book / Konqueror and Spell checker / Spam filters perfect for my everyday usage