Installing KDEvelop

Linux_Fan

Hello,

Recently, I installed a new version of Mandrake Linux; I went from 9.2 to 10.2 (LE 2005). In this distribution kdevelop is not included, so I downloaded a rpm from a mirror site. The rpm is: kdevelop-3.2.2-1mdk.i586.rpm

After adding the rpm-file via "Media Manager" I try to install rpm-file via "Software Package Installation" (Both under "Software management" of the "Mandrakelinux Control Center").

When I select the rpm-file I get the following message:

Sorry, the following package(s) can't be selected: kdevelop-3.2.2-1mdk.i586 (due to unsatified libkdewidgets.so.0)

Does someone know what that means and what to do? Do I have to install a library or file before installing kdevelop? If yes, which one?

kdevelop-3.1.2-10mdk.i586.rpm is in the Mandriva LE2005 main repository.

For example, I see it at:

ftp://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/distribut...586/media/main/

I'd suggest you set up your Media repository accordingly. You can use the Easy-Urpmi link at the top of the page to find other mirrors. I'd also set up repositories for contrib, jpackage, PLF-free, and PLF-nonfree in addition to main. Then all your dependencies should be found and automatically installed when you select this kdevelop package.

It gets boring, but I will repeat it for the ****th time:

1.Setup your urpmi repositories properly before installing anything!

2. Always use urpmi/e to install/remove software if you don't want to end up in dependency hell!

By the way kdevelop is in the "main" 2005LE repository (just checked) so all you had to do AFTER setting up your repos properly was some "urpmi kdevelop".