Anti spam

Artificial Intelligence

Hello there.

I need some help here. I'm also a moderator on another board (a book forum). In the recently time we have been over-spammed by a same user under diffrent name and IP. Is there a way to counter attack such faul bastard?

Perhaps a script which immedatly erease all the posts he makes or something.

.:=The AI Dude=:.

Edit: ops wrong forum, please move it to the right forum :cheesy:

what forum software are you using?  do you require that users verify their email address? can you block him by email address?

can you just kick his arse? ;)

No, it's not requireing (can't spell today) e-mail. The problem it's a Ezboard forum. The admin is a famous writer (Darren Shan if you heard of him, god knows why he choosed Ezboard), but frankly his computer skills are very limited.

Damn, he just don't want to quit. He is ruin a good book forum. Any good hacker tools to smash his computer to pieces?  :angry:

this is going to be a loosing battle because he is using a loophole in the system. you can go it on two ways: talk to the board management on ways to fix the loophole, or talk to the author and propose migrating the board to a more secure board software.

ciao!

I personally reckon you should find the loser's address, go round to his place and bash his head until the white meat comes.

You know me, ever the pacifist.

note to self: never mess with soulse even if he lives halfway around the globe.

or at least use a proxy or anonymizer site. :lol2:

ciao!

• 1 month later...
No, it's not requireing (can't spell today) e-mail. The problem it's a Ezboard forum. The admin is a famous writer (Darren Shan if you heard of him, god knows why he choosed Ezboard), but frankly his computer skills are very limited.

I was an admin on an EZboard site (no, I didn't create it). They really do suck and you are very limited in your options. Guess you'll just have to be persistent about kicking the guy. I used to post on a board where we were bombarded by trolls and eventually they did get tired and moved on. Good luck with it!