qjackctl + 2005

garf

hey guys,

just set up jack with qjackctl to do recording with ardour/rosegarden, everything is running fine except when qjackctl starts and (should) minimise tot eh stsyem tray, there is no sign of it.

it is all running as ardour needs it to be so it can run, i have confirmed it is running using the 'top' command.

i know it seems like a lil bit of a whinge, but its rather quiet important, any help would be kewl

For an icon in the systray there is an option (extra, configure qjackctl) in qjackctl that you need to check.

i forgot to mention that i have already checked that, it docks to the system tray when jack is stopped, but once its started it dissappears (if thats how you spell it, im crap at spelling!!), that was the first thing i checked, as pre-mentioned its still running but not in the system tray.

im horn boggled on this one guys

Perhaps you've a red kicker background and the icon disappears in the background (it turns to red when jack is running) ?

For spelling: use a different browser. Konqueror and Opera can use Aspell. Richtclick in the box, click check spelling and you never make a spelling error again :)

the kicker background is blue, so that isnt an option,

its got to be sumthing small as on my other version of mandrake (10.1) i dont have this problem, and it has the same version is jack on it :wall:

cheers for the suggestions tho

edit :

i was just thinking maybe its a problem with the actual icon that it uses when its started, that would explain why its running but not in the tray, where would i find the icons for this?

Edited by garf

ighty guys got it all working, it seems it was a problem with the icon as i thought, i uninstalled the rpm and got the latest version from the projects web site and built it from there and it all runs perfectly now!!

including realtime facilities with the new kernel

go on up and mark this one as solved

garf

:drum: