Updating KDE?

Darren

I've not been using Linux long so please forgive me if this is a stupid question or anything.

I would like to update KDE to the latest version, but dont seem to be doing very well.

I've searched here so far and found some RPMs, and another subjected that suggested a line of code to do with urpmi that downloaded the base, they all seem to have either installed or downloaded something, but I'm still on KDE 3.3

Is there an idiots guide I could possible follow or someone advise me where I am going wrong.

Many thanks

Here is a real good thread on this:

https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtopic=27115

Also, search for recent threads by AussieJohn, one of our pre-eminent members here. He's just gone through this conversion to KDE 3.4 and has posted several messages about his experience.

But here's some advice - advice is free so that's what it may be worth. But you said you are fairly new to linux. In my opinion, you shouldn't be trying this unless you have some pretty solid experience under your belt. You could get in trouble real quick, and find that you've messed up your install and have to start over with a re-install. But if you're adventurous and want to give it a go, and just chalk it up to an accelerated learning experience, then go for it. But be forewarned!